Goals for the 2018-2019 School Year
All schools within the Nashua School District will work on the following goals, established and endorsed by the Superintendent of Schools, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Assistant Superintendent for Assessment.
Increase student achievement in mathematics while fostering collaboration and consistency.
Increase student achievement in literacy while fostering collaboration and consistency.
1. Students will make at least one year's growth in reading measured by the Benchmark Assessment System and Spring iReady scores by building comprehension strategies across the grade level in both literacy and informational text.
2. Students will make growth in their writing by building writing stamina, utilizing craft and elaboration to produce organized writing within a genre measured by post unit On Demand writing assessment.
3. Students will authentically read and write every day.
Students and staff at Bicentennial will work on the following goals, established and endorsed by the Building Administration and School Leadership Team.
4. Students and staff will incorporate school/classroom connections to the five major categories of SEL including self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making for our classroom, schools, homes, and community.
5. Administration and staff will provide professional development opportunities for para-educators.
6. Students and staff will build a positive sense of community.