…formally known as Students Against Destructive Decisions (S.A.D.D.)
The first meeting is Wednesday October 10, 2018 in the cafeteria during advisory
The Nashua Prevention Coalition is partnering with the Nashua School District to bring S.A.D.D. Chapters to the Middle Schools, with the mission of increasing awareness, education and community involvement in substance abuse prevention and reduction for children and teens.
Elm Street Middle School Eagles Care will plan and organize alcohol and drug prevention programs and activities targeting differing age groups in the community. This will include, but is not limited to, assisting students in designing and implementing action projects in the following categories:
- Community presentations to peers, younger students or adult audiences
- Creating media
- Awareness projects in the school or community at large
- Policy change (state legislation; school policy; etc.)
- Red Ribbon Week School-wide Activities
Leadership training of students on core skill and knowledge areas to include:
- Public Speaking
- Communicating through various forms of media (posters, written documents, etc.)
- Developing original media such as radio PSA’s or videos
- Expand knowledge of substance abuse issues so they can utilize that knowledge in planning projects.
Eagles Care will be collaborating with the Elm Street National Honor Society to bring Red Ribbon Week 2018 to the Elm Street Community, October 22nd