Adjust font sizeAAA

Medication Administration

Over-the-Counter (OTC)

OTC medication administration requires parent authorization Yearly. Please fill out the HOLD HARMLESS FORM and return it to the office. We have a limited supply of Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Antacid tablets, and Cough Drops that have been donated. If your child uses any of these on a regular basis, we ask that you please send in their own supply to keep in the office.

Please NoteWe CANNOT administer without this form signed. Over-the-phone authorization is not allowed, per district policy.

Prescription Medication

In order to administer any PRESCRIPTION medication during school hours, the following paperwork must be completed:
  1. 1. A written doctor's order/physician's statement
  3. 2. An oral medication authorization form will need to be completed by parent/guardian (HOLD HARMLESS FORM).
  5. 3. All prescription medication must be brought in by parent/guardian in original pharmacy container/bottle with a pharmacy label stating the following:
  7.      • Child's Name
  8.      • Name of medication
  9.      • Dosage instructions
  11. 4. In addition, if your child uses a medication that they carry on their person (inhaler or EpiPen) we will need a letter from your child's physician stating that they are allowed to self-carry this medication.
The above must be submitted to the Nurses Office before medication can be administered during school hours. Thank you for your cooperation.